Trey Songz Arrested for Assaulting Woman With Money
Trey Songz was arrested for throwing money at a woman, literally. The "Heart Attack" singer was accused of assaulting a woman when one of the dollar bills he threw in the air "struck the complainant's left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye."
Per TMZ, Songz was having an album release party at a gentleman's club in Queens, New York City on August 21. He got involved in an altercation outside the club somewhere between 4:00 and 4:15 A.M. on the 22nd.
Police said, "Tremaine Neverson [Songz's real name] , did throw a sum of United States currency at the complainant and said sum of United States currency struck the complainant's left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye."
The cops did not arrest him that night but a month later for misdemeanor assault. He was ordered to attend a court session on November 1 in New York where an order of protection was issued. He is scheduled to attend the court again in February.
Songz is in the middle of promoting his fifth studio album "Chapter V", which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, with first week sales of 135,000 copies.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS