Trey Songz Arrested for Assaulting Woman With Money
Trey Songz was arrested for throwing money at a woman, literally. The "Heart Attack" singer was accused of assaulting a woman when one of the dollar bills he threw in the air "struck the complainant's left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye."
Per TMZ, Songz was having an album release party at a gentleman's club in Queens, New York City on August 21. He got involved in an altercation outside the club somewhere between 4:00 and 4:15 A.M. on the 22nd.
Police said, "Tremaine Neverson [Songz's real name] , did throw a sum of United States currency at the complainant and said sum of United States currency struck the complainant's left eye causing substantial pain to her left eye."
The cops did not arrest him that night but a month later for misdemeanor assault. He was ordered to attend a court session on November 1 in New York where an order of protection was issued. He is scheduled to attend the court again in February.
Songz is in the middle of promoting his fifth studio album "Chapter V", which debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart, with first week sales of 135,000 copies.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting