'Family Guy', 'American Dad!' Episodes Pulled Off Following Connecticut Massacre
The shooting massacre in Connecticut prompted FOX to pull this upcoming Sunday, December 16 episodes of "Family Guy" and "American Dad!". The network did not give a reason but it's most likely they want to avoid airing any insensitive content following the Friday incident at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT.
The new episodes of "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" will be replaced by repeats of "Grumpy Old Man" and "Wheels & The Legman and The Case of Grandpa's Key" respectively. Meanwhile, a 7 P.M. repeat of "The Cleveland Show" titled "Die Semi-Hard" has also been pulled off and will be replaced by another repeat titled "Menace II Secret Society".
New episodes of "The Cleveland Show," "The Simpsons" and "Bob's Burgers", which start at 7:30 P.M. are still scheduled to air.
This is the second time "Family Guy", "Cleveland Show" and "American Dad!" had been pre-empted due to unforeseen real life tragedies. Back in April 2011, the shows were scheduled to air a Hurricane-themed crossover but dozens of tornadoes devastated the South that same month. The episodes were shelved and only aired in October 2011.
The same move has been taken by Syfy which pulled an episode of "Haven" about a school violence. Meanwhile, Paramount canceled the Saturday premiere of Tom Cruise's film "Jack Reacher" in Pittsburgh.
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship