'Family Guy', 'American Dad!' Episodes Pulled Off Following Connecticut Massacre
The shooting massacre in Connecticut prompted FOX to pull this upcoming Sunday, December 16 episodes of "Family Guy" and "American Dad!". The network did not give a reason but it's most likely they want to avoid airing any insensitive content following the Friday incident at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT.
The new episodes of "Family Guy" and "American Dad!" will be replaced by repeats of "Grumpy Old Man" and "Wheels & The Legman and The Case of Grandpa's Key" respectively. Meanwhile, a 7 P.M. repeat of "The Cleveland Show" titled "Die Semi-Hard" has also been pulled off and will be replaced by another repeat titled "Menace II Secret Society".
New episodes of "The Cleveland Show," "The Simpsons" and "Bob's Burgers", which start at 7:30 P.M. are still scheduled to air.
This is the second time "Family Guy", "Cleveland Show" and "American Dad!" had been pre-empted due to unforeseen real life tragedies. Back in April 2011, the shows were scheduled to air a Hurricane-themed crossover but dozens of tornadoes devastated the South that same month. The episodes were shelved and only aired in October 2011.
The same move has been taken by Syfy which pulled an episode of "Haven" about a school violence. Meanwhile, Paramount canceled the Saturday premiere of Tom Cruise's film "Jack Reacher" in Pittsburgh.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'