Jack White Replaced by Hans Zimmer in 'Lone Ranger'
Scheduling conflicts have forced Jack White to quit "The Lone Ranger". The blues rocker is no longer composing for the Johnny Depp-starring Disney film and has been replaced by film composer Hans Zimmer.
"Oscar winner Hans Zimmer, the musical mastermind behind Disney's and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' Pirates of the Caribbean, has signed on to compose the score for The Lone Ranger. Jack White, who had originally been contemplated to score and has contributed several pieces of music to the production, was logistically unavailable due to scheduling conflicts that arose when the film's release moved to July of 2013," a statement from Disney read.
It would have been White's first experience scoring for film. Zimmer is an obvious choice because he has worked with director Gore Verbinski before in "The Weather Man", "Rango" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise. However, since promotional trailers have been out, some of White's work for the film will remain in the final version.
"The Lone Ranger", which was initially scheduled for a May 2013 release, is a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic