Jack White Replaced by Hans Zimmer in 'Lone Ranger'
Scheduling conflicts have forced Jack White to quit "The Lone Ranger". The blues rocker is no longer composing for the Johnny Depp-starring Disney film and has been replaced by film composer Hans Zimmer.
"Oscar winner Hans Zimmer, the musical mastermind behind Disney's and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' Pirates of the Caribbean, has signed on to compose the score for The Lone Ranger. Jack White, who had originally been contemplated to score and has contributed several pieces of music to the production, was logistically unavailable due to scheduling conflicts that arose when the film's release moved to July of 2013," a statement from Disney read.
It would have been White's first experience scoring for film. Zimmer is an obvious choice because he has worked with director Gore Verbinski before in "The Weather Man", "Rango" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise. However, since promotional trailers have been out, some of White's work for the film will remain in the final version.
"The Lone Ranger", which was initially scheduled for a May 2013 release, is a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice-taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri