Newtown Shooting Prompts Syfy to Pull 'Haven' Episode Featuring School Violence
Syfy pulled a new episode of "Haven" at the last minute in the wake of a tragic mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. The cable channel takes the decision not to air the episode since it features violence in school, which would be insensitive to the victims' families considering the timing.
"Tonight's scheduled 10 P.M. episode of 'Haven' contained scenes of fictitious violence in a high school," Syfy announces in a statement. "In light of today's tragedy in Newtown, Conn., we have decided not to air it. At this time, no decision has been made as to when the episode will air."
In "Reunion" which was scheduled to air Friday, December 14, Nathan and Duke try to help Audrey search for a troubled killer after a string of murders take place at the Haven High school. A repeat of "Eureka" will air in "Haven" slot.
Friday morning, Americans were shocked with the incident in Connecticut where a man, identified as Adam Lanza, opened fire at the school where his mother worked as a kindergarten teacher. At least 27 were killed, with 20 of them children ages 5 to 10.
Hollywood stars have since taken to social media to condemn the shooting and send prayers to the victims and their families. President Obama also addressed the incident, saying at the White House, "Our hearts are broken today" due to the tragedy. He added, "We're going to have to get together and take meaningful action...As a country we have been through this too many times."
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors