Dido Unveils New Single 'Let Us Move On' Featuring Kendrick Lamar
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 703
Music fans best know Dido's voice from the 2000 Eminem hit "Stan". Now, the English singer has a new melodic tune and she does the right thing as she teamed up with another hip-hop great, Kendrick Lamar. The track titled "Let Us Move On", which is part of Dido's fourth studio LP, "Girl Who Got Away", presents a smooth blend between her distinct vocals and K-Dot's inspirational rhymes.
The tune kicks off a nice, laid back atmospheric beat which transitions perfectly with Dido's angelic, lounge-vibe opening. It continues to bring in more pleasant sounds as the singer gets into the hook and a vibrant mix of drums and keyboards take over. K-Dot then seamlessly dives into the rap, which will make listeners totally dig the track even more. The "good kid, m.A.A.d city" artist spits out some inspiring lyrics this time with lines such as, "Got these burdens under my wings, but I'm still free."
Dido and Lamar definitely do justice to this song. Their beautiful exchange between the singing and the rap adds a nice flow to the rather painful, damaged relationship narrative of the song. The new catchy and emotive tune was co-produced by Dido's brother, Rollo Armstrong and Kanye West's right-hand man Jeff Bhasker.
Fans of Dido will just have to wait if "Let Us Move On" will go the same way as "Stan". The track does seem to have that potential to go the rounds at lounge clubs, which is certainly one way to pick up some buzz. Dido's new set is slated to hit the stores in March 2013.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl