Justin Bieber Reveals His New Album Will Be Released in January 2013
After hinting about a new album on Twitter the entire week plus posting a photo of himself working in the recording studio booth, Canadian pop star Justin Bieber visited the set of the popular talk show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Friday, December 14, to announce that he's finishing-up work on a new acoustic EP targeted for a January 29, 2013 release. The album entitled "Believe Acoustic" will feature 7 songs and a bonus track, and will showcase Bieber in unplugged renditions of hits from his third and latest studio set "Believe".
This is not the first acoustic album for the young singer-songwriter. In 2010 he released "My Worlds Acoustic" that carried the re-visited version of his massive hit "Baby". "It's something I think the fans really like because, you know, I started out on YouTube just playing my guitar, just singing without all the production and stuff, so I like to just put out acoustic albums," Bieber told TV host and stand-up comedian Ellen Degeneres. "I think it's more intimate."
The teen sensation went on to disclose his feelings about being shut out by the Grammys this year, considering that just last month, the teen heartthrob bagged 3 awards at the AMAs (American Music Awards). He told his Beliebers who were bowled over the snub, "I'm so young, I'm only 18. I'm just blessed to be able to do what I love every day. And the AMAs was a lot of fun for me so... Hopefully, one day."
Bieber's first Grammy disappointment came after he lost out to jazz artist Esperanza Spalding two years ago for Best New Artist during his debut. He told DeGeneres that although it's a bummer, he still had many years ahead of him to win his first Grammy.
More Justin Bieber News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season