Justin Bieber Reveals His New Album Will Be Released in January 2013
After hinting about a new album on Twitter the entire week plus posting a photo of himself working in the recording studio booth, Canadian pop star Justin Bieber visited the set of the popular talk show "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Friday, December 14, to announce that he's finishing-up work on a new acoustic EP targeted for a January 29, 2013 release. The album entitled "Believe Acoustic" will feature 7 songs and a bonus track, and will showcase Bieber in unplugged renditions of hits from his third and latest studio set "Believe".
This is not the first acoustic album for the young singer-songwriter. In 2010 he released "My Worlds Acoustic" that carried the re-visited version of his massive hit "Baby". "It's something I think the fans really like because, you know, I started out on YouTube just playing my guitar, just singing without all the production and stuff, so I like to just put out acoustic albums," Bieber told TV host and stand-up comedian Ellen Degeneres. "I think it's more intimate."
The teen sensation went on to disclose his feelings about being shut out by the Grammys this year, considering that just last month, the teen heartthrob bagged 3 awards at the AMAs (American Music Awards). He told his Beliebers who were bowled over the snub, "I'm so young, I'm only 18. I'm just blessed to be able to do what I love every day. And the AMAs was a lot of fun for me so... Hopefully, one day."
Bieber's first Grammy disappointment came after he lost out to jazz artist Esperanza Spalding two years ago for Best New Artist during his debut. He told DeGeneres that although it's a bummer, he still had many years ahead of him to win his first Grammy.
More Justin Bieber News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef