The Killers Team Up With Tim Burton and Winona Ryder in Spooky Clip 'Here With Me'
After releasing a wacky video for their holiday track "I Feel It in My Bones", rock group The Killers unveiled a creepy one for their new single "Here With Me". The new clip, directed by gothic and macabre filmmaker Tim Burton, brings in a lot of those familiar strange images, such as lifelike wax figures, spiral tunnels, woman spinning on a roulette, and scary facial masks. It also stars frequent Burton collaborator, Winona Ryder, as an eerie looking theater mannequin.
The band, who previously enlisted Burton's talents for "Bones", star as in-house entertainment at a ballroom where the doll version of Ryder and British actor Craig Roberts are dancing. At the start of the clip, the "Submarine" star snatches Ryder's mannequin and takes it with him for some alone time at the beach, at the ballroom, and eventually ending up in his expressionist designed abode. He then pulls out a candle lighter and removes the mannequin's wig to light up the wick on top of its head. To the shock of every viewer, Roberts then lights his own wick and the doll comes to life.
"Here With Me" is definitely a tale of obsession that leads to insanity, something Burton is known expert on. Speaking about the video, the "Beetlejuice" director said, "When I heard the song 'Here With Me', I remembered seeing a wax figure of Winona (Ryder) in Louis Tussaud's Waxworks in Blackpool. The concept of the video is inspired by the 1935 film 'Mad Love', starring Peter Lorre, as well as the works of Mario Bava."
In another news, The Killers have canceled some dates on their ongoing U.S. tour. Frontman Brandon Flowers is still struggling with his laryngitis, which forced them to drop three dates in their North American gig. The affected shows were Camden, NJ's Susquehanna Bank Center (December 13), New York City's Madison Square Garden (December 14), and Toronto's Air Canada Centre (December 15). The Killers will perform again starting on December 17 at Boston's Agganis Arena.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia