Amanda Bynes Freed From Two Hit and Run Charges
There may be some good news coming towards Amanda Bynes after all. It was reported that two misdemeanor hit and run charges against her have been formally dismissed in a courthouse in Van Nuys, California this week.
"Amanda Bynes was able to reach a civil compromise in both of her hit and run cases. The two separate victims agreed to dismiss the charges after a financial settlement was reached with both. This is routinely done when both sides are able to come to an agreement, and there really is no need to pursue legal charges because damages to their respective vehicles was paid for," a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com.
In October, the former child star pleaded not guilty to two counts of driving on a suspended license, the charges she got from her runs-in with cops on September 16. Bynes was pulled over by airport authority police official near Burbank's Bob Hope Airport for driving without a valid license. An hour and a half after, she had her car impounded and was cited for the same offense when crossing paths with the cops again.
"Amanda's lawyer, Richard Hutton, advanced the case and went in early to avoid the media, and the judge (Wednesday) signed off on the deal in which the prosecutor also approved. Amanda took responsibility for her actions, and the court recognized that," the insider added.
However, Bynes is still facing separate DUI and two counts of driving on a suspended drivers license cases.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer