Amanda Bynes Freed From Two Hit and Run Charges
There may be some good news coming towards Amanda Bynes after all. It was reported that two misdemeanor hit and run charges against her have been formally dismissed in a courthouse in Van Nuys, California this week.
"Amanda Bynes was able to reach a civil compromise in both of her hit and run cases. The two separate victims agreed to dismiss the charges after a financial settlement was reached with both. This is routinely done when both sides are able to come to an agreement, and there really is no need to pursue legal charges because damages to their respective vehicles was paid for," a source close to the situation told RadarOnline.com.
In October, the former child star pleaded not guilty to two counts of driving on a suspended license, the charges she got from her runs-in with cops on September 16. Bynes was pulled over by airport authority police official near Burbank's Bob Hope Airport for driving without a valid license. An hour and a half after, she had her car impounded and was cited for the same offense when crossing paths with the cops again.
"Amanda's lawyer, Richard Hutton, advanced the case and went in early to avoid the media, and the judge (Wednesday) signed off on the deal in which the prosecutor also approved. Amanda took responsibility for her actions, and the court recognized that," the insider added.
However, Bynes is still facing separate DUI and two counts of driving on a suspended drivers license cases.
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer