Ashley Benson Snatches 'Love Interest' Role in 'How I Met Your Mother'
"How I Met Your Mother" will have a special visit from one of "Pretty Little Liars" when it returns on CBS early next year. It has been confirmed that "PLL" beauty Ashley Benson is set to fill the guest spot for "HIMYM" season 8 in a January 21 episode.
The Eye announces the good news on its Twitter account, stating, "#HIMYM CASTING NEWS! #PrettyLittleLiars' @AshBenzo is going to guest star as Barney's ???? on Jan. 21! Suit Up!"
According to TVLine, the "Spring Breakers" actress has been tapped to star as "an unconventional love interest" for one of the gang's members. With a little hint on CBS' tweet, it is possible that the particular member might be none other than Neil Patrick Harris' Barney.
While Benson's guest starring stint has been confirmed, a representative for the series refuses to clarify whether or not Rachel Bilson, who last appeared in season 6, is poised to reprise her role as Cindy (the roommate of Ted's future bride). Though so, co-creator Carter Bays recently hinted to TVGuide that Josh Radnor's character would comeback with someone from his past who would give "a big influence on his search for the mother."
"How I Met Your Mother" airs every Monday on CBS at 8/7c.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says