The 12-12-12 Sandy Relief Concert Raises $30 Million
With its aim to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy, the 12-12-12 Sandy Relief Concert brought together some of the biggest names in entertainment and has now raised $30 million. The five-hour charity event held Wednesday night, December 12 from the Madison Square Garden in the Big Apple drove up ticket sales, corporate donations and sponsorships for the victims of the superstorm that struck selected parts of the U.S., particularly New York and New Jersey, back in October.
Organizers of the event, the Robin Hood Foundation, revealed that the $30 million in proceeds currently raised by the benefit concert is expected to increase as revenues from TV broadcasts and internet live-streaming will still be added up. The inspirational concert with all its electrifying performances are sure to rake in more funds to benefit those devastated by Sandy.
Rock and roll heavyweights were aplenty, with Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger & his band The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel , Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, Bon Jovi, Pink Floyd, Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, Nirvana, The Who and more thrilling both the crowd and television audience. Comedians like Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Billy Crystal, Jon Stewart and many others delighted the crowd and provided comic relief throughout the concert.
Alicia Keys and Kanye West provided R'n'B and hip-hop flare to the show. Other celebrities who were part of the telecast were Kristen Stewart, Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey and Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Trangender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik