Garrett Hedlund Confirms His Return as Sam Flynn in 'Tron 3'
Just a few days ago it was reported that the yet-to-be-titled "Tron Legacy" sequel had gotten back on its saddle, and it is now confirmed that Garrett Hedlund will return to the follow-up movie. The actor himself announces the news when attending a press junket for "On the Road" in New York City.
Speaking to NextMovie, Hedlund enthuses, "Yeah. Are we gonna break this now?", when asked if he will reprise his role as Sam Flynn in "Tron 3". He then gushes, "Disney's very excited. That's about that. You know, yeah, I'm very excited, Disney's very excited."
In 2010's "Tron Legacy", Hedlund played the son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) from the original 1982's "Tron". Hedlund's role in the sequel is still unclear as the plot details are still kept secret until now.
Recently, the sequel project has tapped Jesse Wigutow as its new writer. Earlier draft of the script was previously penned by David DiGilio, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Serving as the helmer, meanwhile, will be Joseph Kosinski.
The 2010 film garnered mixed reviews and a so-so box office result. Although it did not reach Walt Disney Pictures' high expectations for a 3D film similar to the success of "Avatar", the movie grossed $172 million in North America. It marked the 12th highest-grossing movie of 2012 and the largest of December 2010.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier