Garrett Hedlund Confirms His Return as Sam Flynn in 'Tron 3'
Just a few days ago it was reported that the yet-to-be-titled "Tron Legacy" sequel had gotten back on its saddle, and it is now confirmed that Garrett Hedlund will return to the follow-up movie. The actor himself announces the news when attending a press junket for "On the Road" in New York City.
Speaking to NextMovie, Hedlund enthuses, "Yeah. Are we gonna break this now?", when asked if he will reprise his role as Sam Flynn in "Tron 3". He then gushes, "Disney's very excited. That's about that. You know, yeah, I'm very excited, Disney's very excited."
In 2010's "Tron Legacy", Hedlund played the son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) from the original 1982's "Tron". Hedlund's role in the sequel is still unclear as the plot details are still kept secret until now.
Recently, the sequel project has tapped Jesse Wigutow as its new writer. Earlier draft of the script was previously penned by David DiGilio, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Serving as the helmer, meanwhile, will be Joseph Kosinski.
The 2010 film garnered mixed reviews and a so-so box office result. Although it did not reach Walt Disney Pictures' high expectations for a 3D film similar to the success of "Avatar", the movie grossed $172 million in North America. It marked the 12th highest-grossing movie of 2012 and the largest of December 2010.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby