Garrett Hedlund Confirms His Return as Sam Flynn in 'Tron 3'
Just a few days ago it was reported that the yet-to-be-titled "Tron Legacy" sequel had gotten back on its saddle, and it is now confirmed that Garrett Hedlund will return to the follow-up movie. The actor himself announces the news when attending a press junket for "On the Road" in New York City.
Speaking to NextMovie, Hedlund enthuses, "Yeah. Are we gonna break this now?", when asked if he will reprise his role as Sam Flynn in "Tron 3". He then gushes, "Disney's very excited. That's about that. You know, yeah, I'm very excited, Disney's very excited."
In 2010's "Tron Legacy", Hedlund played the son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) from the original 1982's "Tron". Hedlund's role in the sequel is still unclear as the plot details are still kept secret until now.
Recently, the sequel project has tapped Jesse Wigutow as its new writer. Earlier draft of the script was previously penned by David DiGilio, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Serving as the helmer, meanwhile, will be Joseph Kosinski.
The 2010 film garnered mixed reviews and a so-so box office result. Although it did not reach Walt Disney Pictures' high expectations for a 3D film similar to the success of "Avatar", the movie grossed $172 million in North America. It marked the 12th highest-grossing movie of 2012 and the largest of December 2010.
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush