Garrett Hedlund Confirms His Return as Sam Flynn in 'Tron 3'
Just a few days ago it was reported that the yet-to-be-titled "Tron Legacy" sequel had gotten back on its saddle, and it is now confirmed that Garrett Hedlund will return to the follow-up movie. The actor himself announces the news when attending a press junket for "On the Road" in New York City.
Speaking to NextMovie, Hedlund enthuses, "Yeah. Are we gonna break this now?", when asked if he will reprise his role as Sam Flynn in "Tron 3". He then gushes, "Disney's very excited. That's about that. You know, yeah, I'm very excited, Disney's very excited."
In 2010's "Tron Legacy", Hedlund played the son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) from the original 1982's "Tron". Hedlund's role in the sequel is still unclear as the plot details are still kept secret until now.
Recently, the sequel project has tapped Jesse Wigutow as its new writer. Earlier draft of the script was previously penned by David DiGilio, Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. Serving as the helmer, meanwhile, will be Joseph Kosinski.
The 2010 film garnered mixed reviews and a so-so box office result. Although it did not reach Walt Disney Pictures' high expectations for a 3D film similar to the success of "Avatar", the movie grossed $172 million in North America. It marked the 12th highest-grossing movie of 2012 and the largest of December 2010.
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed