PTC Slams 'The Walking Dead' for Its Violent Content
After criticizing "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23", "GCB", "Glee" and "Skins", the Parents Television Council (PTC) is now taking aim at "The Walking Dead". Two years after the show first aired on AMC, the group blasts it for featuring gory violence.
"Throughout its run, the AMC program The Walking Dead has featured some of the most graphic and brutally intense violence and gore imaginable," PTC president Tim Winter says in a statement. "In the current season alone the show has depicted hundreds of scenes of grisly murder both of living and 'undead,' but human, characters."
He goes on detailing, "The intensely violent content has included depictions of the cleaving of human skulls with a machete, extreme gun violence including graphic depictions of blood and brains splattering after gunshot wounds, and the use of a sharpened human bone as a weapon to stab another character."
Judging from this fact, PTC claims the show shouldn't be rated TV-14. "Clearly, this is content appropriate to an adult-only audience, but AMC has rated every single episode of 'The Walking Dead' as suitable for a 14-year-old child," he states.
Winter additionally urges "the TV Parental Guidelines Monitoring Board to immediately take any necessary steps to insure that this program is rated accurately, appropriately and for the audience for which the show is designed." He claims, "For the TV Ratings system to work as it is designed, the board and you as its chairman can do no less."
AMC hasn't released any comment regarding PTC's statement. "Walking Dead" itself is currently on a winter break before returning with the remainder of its third season in February 2013.
More The Walking Dead News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign