Taylor Swift Unveils 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Music Video
Country music superstar Taylor Swift finally unveiled the full clip of her latest track, "I Knew You Were Trouble", after teasing fans the whole week for this video premiere. The music video, which Swift initially hinted to be unlike anything she has done before, follows a series of week-long promotional activities that included a recently-released short preview which built-up the suspense even more.
The full clip, which premiered Thursday, December 13 at 4:40 P.M. ET on "MTV First: Taylor Swift", showed the usually demure Swift a.k.a. T. Swizzle portraying half of a pair of star-crossed lovers alongside Broadway star Reeve Carney (plays Peter Parker on the Broadway production of "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark"). The Anthony Mandler-directed clip was filled with fistfights, makeout sessions in dingy motel rooms, a bar brawl and tattered clothing, which is clearly very different from Swift's previous works. She even looks to have dyed her hair just for this new video.
"I Knew You Were Trouble" clip may not be a standout compared to the other "down-and-dirty"- themed music videos of her pop contemporaries, but it is clearly a monumental leap for the prim-and-proper singer-songwriter. Most of the tracks in her "Red" album seem to be talking about seizing the moment and taking her career to the next level, and perhaps her latest video is the one that propels her to a more mature, grown-up image.
"Trouble" is the fourth track from Swift's "Red" album and debuted at No.3 in the Billboard Hot 100 charts.
More Taylor Swift News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger