Pics: Hugh Jackman Gets Hollywood Walk of Fame Star
Hugh Jackman caps off his SAG and Golden Globe nomination by getting the 2,487th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The hunky actor, 44, unveiled his sidewalk tribute in front of Madam Tussaud's Hollywood where his waxwork figure as Wolverine was put on display.
He was supported by his "Les Miserables" co-star Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried, director Tom Hooper, DreamWorks boss Jeffrey Katzenberg and "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno. His wife Deborra-Lee Furness and their children Oscar, 12, and Ava, 7, were there as well.
Calling it a surreal experience, the Aussie star gushed, "I'll probably always remember Thursday, December 13 and I think I'm either going straight from here to buy a lottery ticket or to a casino because it just feels like someone is looking down on me in a very nice way at this moment."
"None of this would have been possible, and certainly none of this would have been rewarding to me, if not for my family," he additionally said, before joking, "And kids, you maybe don't understand it now, but you're gonna save a fortune in therapy by just coming here and spitting on it, jumping on it ... you can come and take it out here."
To his devotees, he expressed his gratitude, "I have the greatest fans in the world. I don't take it lightly and or take it for granted and thank you so much for all you do. ... The Boy from Oz was a hit because of the fans." Around 200 people showed up near Grauman's Chinese Theatre in the tourist center of Tinseltown to support him.
Jackman is nominated for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture at 2013 Screen Actors Guild Award for his portrayal as Jean Valjean in "Les Miserables". He also gets a nod for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at 2013 Golden Globe Awards, thanks to the role.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed