Possible Plot for 'Justice League' Film Allegedly Unveiled
An intriguing new rumor about Warner Bros. Pictures' long-gestating "Justice League" project has just emerged. While the DC ensemble superhero film project is still hunting for its director, a report about the possible plot of the upcoming movie is shared, revealing which comic books that will be used as the inspiration for the storyline.
The rumor is sparked by Latino Review, which learns that screenwriter Will Beall is adapting Gerry Conway's Justice League of America 183-185. The three series were released back in 1980 as part of the annual team up for "Justice League of America" and "Justice Society of America".
For those who are unfamiliar with the three issues, they revolved around villainous Darkseid as he planned to destroy the Earth by blasting it with a ray that could move Apokolips (the planet ruled by Darkseid) into the Earth. The series were penned by Conway and drawn by George Perez.
Should Latino Review's latest report be true, it would likely confirm the site's previous report that the "JLA" movie could feature Darkseid as the main villain. The rumor mill, however, still hasn't been confirmed by the studio until now.
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The movie has been reported to be released sometime in 2015, which could put it up right against its rival Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
More Justice League News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii