Paul McCartney and Nirvana Deliver New Song at 12-12-12 Sandy Relief Gig
During the 12-12-12 Sandy Relief concert on Wednesday, December 12, Paul McCartney stood-in for Nirvana's Kurt Cobain so that the grunge band could perform once again 18 years after the death of their frontman. Drummer Dave Grohl, bassist Krist Noveselic and second guitarist Pat Smear, joined the former Beatle onstage to dish-out "Cut Me Some Slack", a song made for Grohl's "Sound City" documentary. The tune which rings of pure rock music is something that could have been released by Grohl's band, Foo Fighters.
McCartney closed the six-hour long mega-concert, which featured such rock and roll royalties as Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi and Eric Clapton, by opening his set with "Helter Skelter", a song he wrote with John Lennon and recorded by The Beatles. Midway through his set, which included hits from when he was with The Beatles, Wings, and from his solo career, he brought out Grohl and company for the rare reunion piece.
Held at New York's Madison Square Garden, the benefit concert was turning-out to be one of the most memorable all-star shows in history. It brought back to the stage rock and roll superstars like Mick Jagger, and rare collaborations like that of The Who and The Rolling Stones.
The 70-year-old McCartney gained worldwide fame as a member of The Beatles together with founding member John Lennon, lead guitarist George Harrison and drummer Ringo Starr. He has an extensive catalogue of songs from his stellar career with The Beatles, the most commercially successful and critically-acclaimed act in popular music.
More Paul McCartney News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?