'The X Factor': Fifth Harmony Make It Into Top 3, L.A. Reid Announces His Exit
It was a shocking elimination on the latest results show of "The X Factor (US)". While Fifth Harmony had been deemed the weakest act among other remaining finalists, the girl group was the first one announced to get through the finals.
Having said that he did believe in miracles, Simon Cowell "could not be happier" that Fifth Harmony get into the top 3. L.A. Reid said, "I'm very shocked," while Britney Spears admitted she was "a little disappointed."
With only two places left, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Tate Stevens and Emblem3 were at risk of being sent home. After a performance of "Ready or Not" by Bridgit Mendler, country music singer Tate was announced safe. "For every country music fan out there, I am one of the biggest country music fans. Thank you very much!" he exclaimed.
Carly followed his path to receive the good news, meaning Emblem3 had to end their road on the singing competition despite getting rave reviews for their performances on Wednesday night. Simon reacted, "I'm very, very disappointed, but...I mean this: You're going to have a huge career."
Carly, meanwhile, was lost for words. "I don't even know what to say. Thanks for voting," she stated, before showing some support to the eliminated act, "Emblem3, I know you're going to go far. I'm going to buy your album."
Bruno Mars made the show merrier with his rendition of "Locked Out of Heaven".
The elimination aside, L.A. Reid delivered shocking news that night by announcing his departure from the show. "I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year," he told Access Hollywood.
The chairman and CEO of Epic Records explained, "I have to go back and I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit." He added, "It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I've done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work."
Claiming that he would always support Simon and the show, the music producer said there's a possibility that he would return someday. "I'm not ruling ever coming back, but I'm definitely not coming back next year," he stressed. "I have a job to do and once I get some work done and get some momentum then maybe I'll revisit the idea a little later."
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series