'The X Factor': Fifth Harmony Make It Into Top 3, L.A. Reid Announces His Exit
It was a shocking elimination on the latest results show of "The X Factor (US)". While Fifth Harmony had been deemed the weakest act among other remaining finalists, the girl group was the first one announced to get through the finals.
Having said that he did believe in miracles, Simon Cowell "could not be happier" that Fifth Harmony get into the top 3. L.A. Reid said, "I'm very shocked," while Britney Spears admitted she was "a little disappointed."
With only two places left, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Tate Stevens and Emblem3 were at risk of being sent home. After a performance of "Ready or Not" by Bridgit Mendler, country music singer Tate was announced safe. "For every country music fan out there, I am one of the biggest country music fans. Thank you very much!" he exclaimed.
Carly followed his path to receive the good news, meaning Emblem3 had to end their road on the singing competition despite getting rave reviews for their performances on Wednesday night. Simon reacted, "I'm very, very disappointed, but...I mean this: You're going to have a huge career."
Carly, meanwhile, was lost for words. "I don't even know what to say. Thanks for voting," she stated, before showing some support to the eliminated act, "Emblem3, I know you're going to go far. I'm going to buy your album."
Bruno Mars made the show merrier with his rendition of "Locked Out of Heaven".
The elimination aside, L.A. Reid delivered shocking news that night by announcing his departure from the show. "I have decided that I will not return to 'The X Factor' next year," he told Access Hollywood.
The chairman and CEO of Epic Records explained, "I have to go back and I have a company to run that I've kind of neglected and it saddens me a little bit, but only a little bit." He added, "It was a nice break, it was a nice departure from what I've done for the past 20 years, but now I gotta go back to work."
Claiming that he would always support Simon and the show, the music producer said there's a possibility that he would return someday. "I'm not ruling ever coming back, but I'm definitely not coming back next year," he stressed. "I have a job to do and once I get some work done and get some momentum then maybe I'll revisit the idea a little later."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!