'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Reportedly Will Feature Morbius the Living Vampire
Jamie Foxx has already been confirmed as Electro in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", but seemingly his character will not be the only villain in the upcoming movie. Recent rumors suggest that the Marc Webb-directed Spidey film might feature Morbius the Living Vampire.
The online chatter sparked as a Twitter account @MarvelousEscape posted on Tuesday, December 11 that actor/stuntman Asim Ahmad has officially been tapped as Morbius. "My amazing best friend and partner @asimaahmad is playing #Morbius in #TAS2 which may be called #SpectacularSpiderman," so the user wrote.
Adding fuel to the report, Ahmad himself weighed on casting news, as tweeting, "Morbius is only mentioned in two pages, not a big part." Later, he took to his personal website and announced, "Asim has joined the cast of The Amazing Spider-man 2 playing the role of Professor Michael Morbius, to be released May 2, 2014."
When fans asked him whether he was telling the truth with his casting as Morbius, Ahmad responded, "yep, not a big part mind you, but it's gonna be a blast." In another posting, he wrote, "I assure you it's not bs but it's not a huge thing like everyone is making it out to be. 2-3 mins, tops."
Morbius, originally known as Dr. Michael Morbius Ph.D., first appeared as an antagonist in The Amazing Spider-Man #101 published in October 1971. He is described as a living human suffering from vampiric abilities resulting from scientific rather than supernatural means.
Little is known about the plot of "The Amazing Spider-Man" sequel. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will return as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy respectively, while Shailene Woodley and Dane DeHaan have just been cast as Mary Jane Watson and Harry Osborn respectively. Additionally, Martin Sheen confirmed that he would reprise his role as Uncle Ben though the character met his demise in the first film.
The sequel will arrive in theaters Stateside on May 2, 2014.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says