Taylor Swift Gives Preview of 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Music Video
As part of a week-long line-up of promotional activities leading-up to the big premiere, Taylor Swift released a short teaser of her "I Knew You Were Trouble" music video via MTV. The "dark-themed" clip for the dubstep-inspired third track from her latest album "Red" is looking distinctively different from the country music sweetheart's previous music videos.
Speaking to MTV, Swift explained the video's concept. "This video is edgy because the narrative of it is edgy," said the 22-year-old, who will be turning 23 this Thursday, the same day she premieres "I Knew You Were Trouble" clip, her 23rd music video. "The song sounds different than anything else I've ever done before, so I thought why not make this video unlike anything we've done before."
Directed by Anthony Mandler and shot in L.A., the video will show Swift and her love interest, played by Broadway star Reeve Carney (plays Peter Parker on the Broadway production of "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark") believably portraying a young couple in love. "I wanted to play a character. I wanted it to be an acting piece," Swift stated. She relates to the song as being a "good girl" who encounters this "force" of nature and sees a cosmic shift in her personality. "She'll do anything to fit into his world, including change everything about herself," she added.
The full-length video will premiere on December 13, at 4:40 P.M. ET.
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick