Taylor Swift Gives Preview of 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Music Video
As part of a week-long line-up of promotional activities leading-up to the big premiere, Taylor Swift released a short teaser of her "I Knew You Were Trouble" music video via MTV. The "dark-themed" clip for the dubstep-inspired third track from her latest album "Red" is looking distinctively different from the country music sweetheart's previous music videos.
Speaking to MTV, Swift explained the video's concept. "This video is edgy because the narrative of it is edgy," said the 22-year-old, who will be turning 23 this Thursday, the same day she premieres "I Knew You Were Trouble" clip, her 23rd music video. "The song sounds different than anything else I've ever done before, so I thought why not make this video unlike anything we've done before."
Directed by Anthony Mandler and shot in L.A., the video will show Swift and her love interest, played by Broadway star Reeve Carney (plays Peter Parker on the Broadway production of "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark") believably portraying a young couple in love. "I wanted to play a character. I wanted it to be an acting piece," Swift stated. She relates to the song as being a "good girl" who encounters this "force" of nature and sees a cosmic shift in her personality. "She'll do anything to fit into his world, including change everything about herself," she added.
The full-length video will premiere on December 13, at 4:40 P.M. ET.
More Taylor Swift News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle