Taylor Swift Gives Preview of 'I Knew You Were Trouble' Music Video
As part of a week-long line-up of promotional activities leading-up to the big premiere, Taylor Swift released a short teaser of her "I Knew You Were Trouble" music video via MTV. The "dark-themed" clip for the dubstep-inspired third track from her latest album "Red" is looking distinctively different from the country music sweetheart's previous music videos.
Speaking to MTV, Swift explained the video's concept. "This video is edgy because the narrative of it is edgy," said the 22-year-old, who will be turning 23 this Thursday, the same day she premieres "I Knew You Were Trouble" clip, her 23rd music video. "The song sounds different than anything else I've ever done before, so I thought why not make this video unlike anything we've done before."
Directed by Anthony Mandler and shot in L.A., the video will show Swift and her love interest, played by Broadway star Reeve Carney (plays Peter Parker on the Broadway production of "Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark") believably portraying a young couple in love. "I wanted to play a character. I wanted it to be an acting piece," Swift stated. She relates to the song as being a "good girl" who encounters this "force" of nature and sees a cosmic shift in her personality. "She'll do anything to fit into his world, including change everything about herself," she added.
The full-length video will premiere on December 13, at 4:40 P.M. ET.
More Taylor Swift News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns