Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person of 2012 Is Gen. David Petraeus
Barbara Walters revealed which public figure fascinated her like no others this year. Gen. David Petraeus, the director of CIA, landed on top of her annual list due to his affair with a woman named Paula Broadwell. The scandal was revealed after his mistress told another woman via email to back off.
The disgraced general joined boyband One Direction, Olympian Gabrielle Douglas, Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson, "Fifty Shades of Grey" author E.L. James, actor Ben Affleck, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, actor Seth MacFarlane, Prince Harry and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
Gabby sat down with Barbara as part of the "Most Fascinating People of 2012" reveal. "She is such a fascinating woman herself," the gymnast told ESPN. "I was really nervous because she is this amazing icon. Once we started chatting, we started feeding off each other. My nerves went away."
Gabby talked about her road to gold, the bumps during the journey, her family and her childhood. The interview was taped on Barbara's 83rd birthday in September in New York. "After the interview, we all sang 'Happy Birthday.' We gave her a cake," the teen gushed. "It was such a blast."
In his interview, meanwhile, Chris who's in the Republican 2016 wish list was asked to comment on criticism that he was too fat to be the next president of the United States. "That's ridiculous," he replied, to which the TV host said, "I think they're worried about your health."
"Well, I've done this job pretty well," he insisted, "and I think people watched me for the last number of weeks in Hurricane Sandy doing 18-hour days and getting right back up the next day and still being just as effective in the job, so I don't really think that would be a problem."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences