'Wolverine' Debuts Motion Poster of Logan Atop Tokyo Skyline
20th Centruy Fox has just unleashed a flashy motion poster for "The Wolverine". Coming out via the movie's official site, the one-sheet sees shirtless Logan landing on a rooftop under the heavy rain and lightning. His right hand (without adamantium claws) is holding a katana, while his left hands are sporting the iconic claws. Below him is a beautiful landscape of Tokyo skyline.
The poster highlights the lonely side of Logan. As director James Mangold once said, the upcoming film would find the protagonist "at a point when the X-Men are gone; Jean Gray is gone; a lot of the ties he had to the world, are gone." He explained in October, "I wanted to place this story somewhere where Hugh and I could develop a movie which could create its own world, wouldn't have to in a sense hand off to another movie or answer to another movie."
Mangold also dished that he wanted the film to expose Logan in a realistic way and not like most superhero with their special powers. "We've made a concerted effort to make the film feel more real, to pull back on the super duper abilities of Logan," he said. "Like, he doesn't bring down any airplanes. It's grounded. This is a tent-poll movie. There's outrageous action."
In "Wolverine", Logan finds himself in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claws as the eternal warrior and outsider confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed. Returning as the titular mutant hero is none other than Hugh Jackman.
The movie will be released in the U.S. cinemas on July 26, 2013.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics