Jenna Bush Announces Pregnancy on Live TV, George W. Bush Is 'Fired Up'
Jenna Bush shared happy news on Wednesday morning, December 12. Sitting next to Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie on "Today", the daughter of former U.S. President George W. Bush revealed that she's currently pregnant with her and husband Henry Chase Hager's first child.
"I'm nervous and so excited to say that Henry and I are pregnant, or I'm pregnant," so she said on the live TV show. "We're so excited and obviously nervous about it. I'm a first time mom, but it's something I've always wanted. I'm a teacher and I love kids, so hormonal."
Jenna, who is a correspondent on the NBC morning program, said the baby is due in spring. Henry later joined them on the couch, gushing about what kind of mom Jenna's going to be. "Absolutely amazing," he said, "You obviously see her personality every day. She's a teacher. She loves to teach kids and I know she'll still insist wonderful values and such a loving family."
Speaking over the phone, George W. Bush and wife Laura shared their excitement to be first-time grandparents. "I'm fired up. Lookin' forward to it," the former president said. "I could barely contain the news when I found out, so now I can tell all my buddies." Asked what he would like his grandchild to call him, he jokingly replied, "Sir."
Jenna, who is the twin sister of Barbara Bush, met Henry, the son of former Virginia Republican Party Chairman John H. Hager, during her father's 2004 presidential campaign. They got married in a private ceremony on May 10, 2008, at her parents' Prairie Chapel Ranch near Crawford, Texas.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media