Rooney Mara and Emily Blunt Racing to Be Johnny Depp's Wife in 'Transcendence'
Johnny Depp still hasn't found his leading lady in "Transcendence" and at least two Hollywood beauties ere vying to fill the vacant role. Per Deadline, the project has shortlisted Oscar nominee Rooney Mara and Golden Globe winner Emily Blunt as the leading contenders for the coveted part.
Blunt is still busy with her other project "All You Need Is Kill", but her schedule reportedly will be adjusted. Another actress who is eyed for the female lead part is "Iron Man 3" star Rebecca Hall. Words are, the final decision will be announced on Friday, December 13.
"Transcendence" will mark the directorial debut from Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister. The project is set to kick off on March 4, 2013 with Jack Paglen serving as the screenwriter. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas, meanwhile, will tackle the executive producing duty.
So far, details of the movie are still scarce, but it is said that the story will be in the vein of "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Inception". Depp will play Max, a scientist who gets his brain uploaded into a computer, which can develop a malevolent awareness, following his death. The one who does the job is a female scientist named Evelyn, who is also Max's wife.
No release date is set for the project, but it will likely make its way out onto the cinemas sometime in mid 2014 or early 2015.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March