Rooney Mara and Emily Blunt Racing to Be Johnny Depp's Wife in 'Transcendence'
Johnny Depp still hasn't found his leading lady in "Transcendence" and at least two Hollywood beauties ere vying to fill the vacant role. Per Deadline, the project has shortlisted Oscar nominee Rooney Mara and Golden Globe winner Emily Blunt as the leading contenders for the coveted part.
Blunt is still busy with her other project "All You Need Is Kill", but her schedule reportedly will be adjusted. Another actress who is eyed for the female lead part is "Iron Man 3" star Rebecca Hall. Words are, the final decision will be announced on Friday, December 13.
"Transcendence" will mark the directorial debut from Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister. The project is set to kick off on March 4, 2013 with Jack Paglen serving as the screenwriter. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas, meanwhile, will tackle the executive producing duty.
So far, details of the movie are still scarce, but it is said that the story will be in the vein of "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Inception". Depp will play Max, a scientist who gets his brain uploaded into a computer, which can develop a malevolent awareness, following his death. The one who does the job is a female scientist named Evelyn, who is also Max's wife.
No release date is set for the project, but it will likely make its way out onto the cinemas sometime in mid 2014 or early 2015.
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special
- Zendaya Calls Out 'Pervs' Who Say She's Masturbating on Her Wonderland Cover
- Rihanna Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress and Later Steps Out in Green Tutu Dress
- The Rock's New Action Flick 'Skyscraper' Acquired by Legendary
- Lindsay Lohan and Beau Egor Tarabasov Get Cozy During Movie Date in London
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure