Rooney Mara and Emily Blunt Racing to Be Johnny Depp's Wife in 'Transcendence'
Johnny Depp still hasn't found his leading lady in "Transcendence" and at least two Hollywood beauties ere vying to fill the vacant role. Per Deadline, the project has shortlisted Oscar nominee Rooney Mara and Golden Globe winner Emily Blunt as the leading contenders for the coveted part.
Blunt is still busy with her other project "All You Need Is Kill", but her schedule reportedly will be adjusted. Another actress who is eyed for the female lead part is "Iron Man 3" star Rebecca Hall. Words are, the final decision will be announced on Friday, December 13.
"Transcendence" will mark the directorial debut from Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister. The project is set to kick off on March 4, 2013 with Jack Paglen serving as the screenwriter. Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas, meanwhile, will tackle the executive producing duty.
So far, details of the movie are still scarce, but it is said that the story will be in the vein of "2001: A Space Odyssey" and "Inception". Depp will play Max, a scientist who gets his brain uploaded into a computer, which can develop a malevolent awareness, following his death. The one who does the job is a female scientist named Evelyn, who is also Max's wife.
No release date is set for the project, but it will likely make its way out onto the cinemas sometime in mid 2014 or early 2015.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal