Taylor Swift Regains Top Spot on Billboard 200
Taylor Swift is back on top at this week's Billboard Hot 200 with her "Red" album selling 167,000 copies, bumping last week's No. 1 Alicia Keys' "Girl on Fire" which is down to No. 7 with only 77,000. "Red" debuted a month ago at No. 1 and has been on that spot for 4 non-consecutive weeks now, tying T. Swizzle with Whitney Houston and Jay-Z for fourth-most weeks at No. 1 in the Billboard charts. The longest record is held by Garth Brooks with 51 weeks, followed by Eminem with 29 and Adele with 24.
Entering the top 10 are 2 out of only 7 debuts this week. The highest debut is at No. 2 by Wiz Khalifa's second album "O.N.I.F.C." with 141,000. His first album "Rolling Papers" also hit the runner-up spot in its initial release in 2011 but with 197,000. The second-biggest debut is by Ke$ha's "Warrior" at No. 6 with 85,000. The album is a follow-up to her debut studio set "Animal", her first and only other No. 1.
In the spirit of the holidays, Christmas albums continue to dominate the charts, topped by Rod Stewart's "Merry Christmas, Baby" at No. 3. Michael Buble's "Christmas" is moving up to No. 5 from last week's No. 7 with a whopping 60% increase in sales. Meanwhile, Blake Shelton's "Cheers It's Christmas" is moving up one spot, from No. 9 to No. 8 with 68,000.
Although British-Irish boyband One Direction sold 16% more copies of "Take Me Home" this week, they remain at the No. 4 spot, while "American Idol" alum Phillip Phillips moves down to No. 9 from being No. 5 last week with his first studio set "The World From the Side of the Moon". Country duo Florida Georgia Line round up the top 10 this week with their "Here's to the Good Times" album which they released last week.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (137,000)
- Wiz Khalifa - "O.N.I.F.C." (141,000)
- Rod Stewart - "Merry Christmas, Baby" (127,000)
- One Direction - "Take Me Home" (107,000)
- Michael Buble - "Christmas" (106,000)
- Ke$ha - "Warrior"(85,000)
- Alicia Keys - "Girl on Fire" (77,000)
- Blake Shelton - "Cheers It's Christmas" (68,000)
- Phillip Phillips - "The World From the Side of the Moon" (65,000)
- Florida Georgia Line - "Here's to the Good Times" (63,000)
More Taylor Swift News
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion