James Arthur on Winning 'X Factor' U.K.: 'I Feel Like the Luckiest Man on Earth'
James Arthur was lost for words when he's announced the winner of British "The X Factor" season 9 on Sunday, December 9, but he has now shared about his feelings to The Telegraph. "I feel like the luckiest man on earth," he says about walking home from the show with a recording contract.
Though he has already had a bunch of female fans worshipping him, the 24-year-old singer doesn't see himself as a heartthrob. "I was always a boyfriend kind of guy - I liked to stick with one person," so he claims.
Arthur beat Jahmene Douglas in the finale aired in the U.K. last weekend. Asked by host Dermot O'Leary what came on his mind after the result was announced, he said, "I don't know. Thank you, thank you so much."
His winner single "Impossible" sold 187,000 digital copies in less than 24 hours after his victory, setting a new record as the fastest-selling "X Factor" single ever. It also tops the U.K. songs chart with more than 255,000 copies, being the fastest-selling single of 2012 so far.
The show's creator Simon Cowell has praised him on his achievement as Arthur revealed on Tuesday, "I spoke to him for the first time this morning. He just said I was a credit to the show, he was pleased with my figures that came out today... He was just really pleased and said he was very proud of me."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage