Peter Jackson Already Plans to Shoot 'Tintin 2' for 2015 Release
Amid his super busy schedule working on and promoting "The Hobbit" trilogy, Peter Jackson does not abandon his other project, the "Tintin" series, with his good friend Steven Spielberg. The "King Kong" helmer has opened up that he will jump into the sequel to "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" as soon as 2013.
During a Belgian press tour for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", Jackson gave an update on his "Tintin 2" project, revealing that he would "shoot" the performance capture at some point next year. As reported by Bleeding Cool, Jackson also eyed a 2015 release date for the animated feature.
Next year, Jackson will likely still be occupied with his post-production works for the next "Hobbit" movies. With his plan to film the "Tintin" sequel soon, he will need to find some time in between his tight schedule to finish his massive Middle Earth saga projects.
The first "Tintin" opened at the end of last year, grossing over $373 million worldwide. It received Oscar nominations for Best Original Score. Spielberg took on the directorial duty, while Jackson served as the producer. As for the sequel, Jackson will swap place with Spielberg as the new helmer.
Though the follow-up project has already tapped Steven Moffat as the scribe, details on which book that the film will be based on are still unclear. Back in 2011, Spielberg said, "We're not telling the world what books we're basing the second movie on yet." Though producer Kathleen Kennedy once hinted that the sequel would be based on "The Calculus Affair", Spielberg claimed that it might be wrong.
"We haven't decided that yet. She's throwing a monkey wrench into your story! It could be that. I like 'The Calculus Affair'. So it could be," said Spielberg. "We have completed a story outline now. We have a writer on it. I'm just not declaring what it is. It will be more than one book, but no more than two."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie