Paul McCartney to Fill in for Kurt Cobain in Nirvana Gig, Courtney Love Not Impressed
Paul McCartney will play with Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic at the 12-12-12 Sandy Benefit concert and will fill in for late frontman Kurt Cobain in what the surviving members of Nirvana call their reunion show. According to an official list of performers for the concert, McCartney will be on stage with Foo Fighters and jazz musician Diana Krall to close the Wednesday night event. The benefit show will take place at The Madison Square Garden in New York .
The former Beatle was asked by Grohl to join them on the show and "jam with some mates." These mates were former Nirvana bassist, Novoselic, and touring guitarist Pat Smear, who played with the band for the last six months of their career. The gig will mark Grohl and Novoselic's first performance together in 20 years, which leads them to call it a sort of Nirvana reunion.
McCartney had an amusing narrative to The Sun about how the collaboration came together. He said that they "just make something up" and found himself playing with the band. "I didn't really know who they were. They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said, 'Whoa? You guys haven't played together for all that time?' And somebody whispered to me, 'That's Nirvana. You're Kurt.' I couldn't believe it," he gushed.
Meanwhile, Kurt Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, is not impressed by McCartney filling in for her late husband. She told TMZ that she's "not amused" by the British singer's involvement and was upset that Grohl and Novoselic called the gig a Nirvana reunion. She added that Cobain was the heart and soul of the grunge rock group. "Look, maybe if John were still alive it would be cool," Love said.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3