'Hobbit' U.K. Premiere: Cate Blanchett Steals the Show, Prince William Steps Out Solo
After a series of special screenings in New Zealand and the United States, "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" finally delivered its premiere in the United Kingdom. Held at the Odeon Leicester Square in London on Wednesday evening, December 12, the show was supported by a number of famous faces. Among those who stole the limelight on the event's green carpet were lead actress Cate Blanchett and Prince William.
The Galadriel depicter looked dazzling in a Givenchy floor-length white dress which had a backless cut out detail that exposed the actress' firm back. She finished off her elegant look with her blond hair being arranged into a simple bun. She also opted for minimalist accessories and clutched a simple white bag in her hand.
Joining Blanchett on the green carpet were lead actor Martin Freeman and Gollum depicter Andy Serkis. Freeman brought along his partner Amanda Abbington, who glammed up in a black sequined dress, while Serkis took along his wife Lorraine Ashbourn as well as his mother and three children. Also spotted on the venue were Ian McKellen who donned a long cloak ala Dracula, and director Peter Jackson who looked dapper in a traditional black suit and a bowtie.
The special screening event was also made special by the arrival of Prince Williams, who stepped out solo on the green carpet without his pregnant wife Kate Middleton. The royal prince was all smiles while greeting the exciting fans. Other celebrity guests that night included Nick Cave, Lucy Pinder, Graham McTavish, JB Gill, James Nesbitt, Rebecca Ferdinando and McFly.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of titular hobbit Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. The film opens Stateside this coming Friday, December 14.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars