First 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Packed With Epic Battle and Stunning Visuals
After a long wait, fans are finally treated to the first ever trailer for Guillermo del Toro's highly-anticipated sci-fi movie "Pacific Rim". As expected, the video is jam-packed with tons of astounding intense battle scenes between massive creatures deep from the sea and giant robots controlled by humans.
Overall, the trailer showcases stunning visuals that make the fearsome Kaiju and the Jaegers seem stunningly realistic. In between the chaotic situation in the city as the robots are in a war against the monsters, Idris Elba's fiery speech to pump up his team's spirit is heard, adding the tension in this dark-themed footage.
"Pacific Rim" follows the time when legions of monstrous creatures known as Kaiju start rising from the sea. To combat the monsters, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge.
A washed up former pilot named Raleigh Antrobus and an untested trainee called Mako Mori team up to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope when Kaiju aim to take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end.
Elba stars as General Stacker Pentecost. He is joined by Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, and Charlie Day. The much-awaited sci-fi movie will make its way out onto theaters across the United States on July 12, 2013.
More Pacific Rim News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie