Whitney Houston Is 2012's Most Searched on Google
Whitney Houston's death this year contributed to her being on the list of both U.S. and worldwide most searched terms. Google has just released its year-end most searched lists, revealing the Top 10 in several categories such as Trending People, Most Searched Movies, and Trending Performance Artists.
Stateside, Houston's name is joined by basketball pro Jeremy Lin, PSY's "Gangnam Style" and movie/book series "Hunger Games" among others. Both Houston and Lin are also under the list of Trending People along with such celebrities as One Direction, Kate Middleton and Morgan Freeman.
Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" is one of the Most Searched Songs while "The Hunger Games" was one of the Most Searched Movies. In TV world young pageant queen Honey Boo Boo and her reality series dominate the list.
And when it comes to gossip, the American people were interested in the breakup of Bieber and Selena Gomez as well as Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
Worldwide, Houston remains on top of the list as Most Searched and Trending People. The world also has fascination for "Hunger Games", One Direction and Honey Boo Boo.
Google kept track of the most frequent searches in 2012 and how long they keep in "trend". They defined trending searches as "the searches that had the highest amount of traffic over a sustained period of time in 2012 as compared to 2011." Houston happened to fit the definition.
Google's Zeitgeist list can be found on Google.com.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby