Anne Hathaway: Underwear-Less Incident 'Made Me Sad'
Anne Hathaway chose to talk about the unfortunate incident at the New York premiere of her new movie "Les Miserables". The actress said that it's actually a shame to live in a world where someone would take picture of her private part when she was unaware of it.
As previously reported, Hathaway stepped out of her limousine and was snapped wearing no underwear in the process. "It was obviously an unfortunate incident," she said in a "Today" interview with Matt Lauer. "It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One, that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it."
She made a connection with her character Fantine in the musical drama, saying "And I'm sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants, which brings us back to Les Mis: That's what my character is, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child because she has nothing and there's no social safety net."
From there the conversation turned its focus on her movie role. Hathaway famously lost 25 pounds and chopped off her locks to portray the famish Fantine. "I didn't do it to get hot, I did it to look like I was dying," she quipped.
"Les Miserables" will hit theaters on December 25.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group