Anne Hathaway: Underwear-Less Incident 'Made Me Sad'
Anne Hathaway chose to talk about the unfortunate incident at the New York premiere of her new movie "Les Miserables". The actress said that it's actually a shame to live in a world where someone would take picture of her private part when she was unaware of it.
As previously reported, Hathaway stepped out of her limousine and was snapped wearing no underwear in the process. "It was obviously an unfortunate incident," she said in a "Today" interview with Matt Lauer. "It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One, that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it."
She made a connection with her character Fantine in the musical drama, saying "And I'm sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants, which brings us back to Les Mis: That's what my character is, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child because she has nothing and there's no social safety net."
From there the conversation turned its focus on her movie role. Hathaway famously lost 25 pounds and chopped off her locks to portray the famish Fantine. "I didn't do it to get hot, I did it to look like I was dying," she quipped.
"Les Miserables" will hit theaters on December 25.
More Anne Hathaway News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris