Anne Hathaway: Underwear-Less Incident 'Made Me Sad'
Anne Hathaway chose to talk about the unfortunate incident at the New York premiere of her new movie "Les Miserables". The actress said that it's actually a shame to live in a world where someone would take picture of her private part when she was unaware of it.
As previously reported, Hathaway stepped out of her limousine and was snapped wearing no underwear in the process. "It was obviously an unfortunate incident," she said in a "Today" interview with Matt Lauer. "It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One, that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it."
She made a connection with her character Fantine in the musical drama, saying "And I'm sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants, which brings us back to Les Mis: That's what my character is, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child because she has nothing and there's no social safety net."
From there the conversation turned its focus on her movie role. Hathaway famously lost 25 pounds and chopped off her locks to portray the famish Fantine. "I didn't do it to get hot, I did it to look like I was dying," she quipped.
"Les Miserables" will hit theaters on December 25.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage