Anne Hathaway: Underwear-Less Incident 'Made Me Sad'
Anne Hathaway chose to talk about the unfortunate incident at the New York premiere of her new movie "Les Miserables". The actress said that it's actually a shame to live in a world where someone would take picture of her private part when she was unaware of it.
As previously reported, Hathaway stepped out of her limousine and was snapped wearing no underwear in the process. "It was obviously an unfortunate incident," she said in a "Today" interview with Matt Lauer. "It kind of made me sad on two accounts. One, that I was very sad that we live in an age when someone takes a picture of another person in a vulnerable moment and rather than delete it, and do the decent thing, sells it."
She made a connection with her character Fantine in the musical drama, saying "And I'm sorry that we live in a culture that commodifies sexuality of unwilling participants, which brings us back to Les Mis: That's what my character is, she is someone who is forced to sell sex to benefit her child because she has nothing and there's no social safety net."
From there the conversation turned its focus on her movie role. Hathaway famously lost 25 pounds and chopped off her locks to portray the famish Fantine. "I didn't do it to get hot, I did it to look like I was dying," she quipped.
"Les Miserables" will hit theaters on December 25.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'