Rick Ross Explains Tour Cancellation, Announces Move to Atlantic Records
Rick Ross has broken silence on his decision to call off the second leg of his tour. In an interview over at a Miami radio station, the Maybach Music Group founder denied earlier rumors that gang threats had forced him to cancel his tour. Instead, he cited conflicts with his tour promoter Shawn Gee as the true reason for the cancellation.
Ross a.k.a. the Bawse accused the concert promoter of mishandling their business, saying Gee canceled some shows without his consent. "I just felt like that was some power that I needed to take away from homey, so I canceled the rest of the dates that I had arranged with him," he clarified.
Threats from Gangster Disciples came after Ross had name-dropped their imprisoned leader Larry Hoover on his 2010 song "B.M.F.(Blowin Money Fast)". Allegedly, the gang (complete name: Black Gangster Disciple Nation) were looking to be compensated for it.
Rozay further declared that no money would ever be given out to any gang. "So if you screamin', 'Cut a check, we need a check.' Ain't no checks gettin' cut. Ain't never no checks gettin' cut. I don't play those games."
After that statement, Ross then confirmed in his 99Jamz radio interview that his label, Maybach Music Group, would be moving from Warner Urban to Atlantic records. "I got another announcement as well -- I'm excited for this year we got coming up, man," he said. "This is really huge. MMG, we just merged with Atlantic Records. It's the biggest move of the year. We gonna leave it right there."
More Rick Ross News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3