Thorin Leads the Dwarves to Sing 'Misty Mountain' in New 'Hobbit' Clip
Richard Armitage shows his vocal chops in a new clip for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey". Playing dwarf leader Thorin Oakenshield, Armitage is seen leading his fellow dwarves to sing the "Misty Mountain" anthem, which brings goosebumps to the audience. Those dwarves are seen in Bilbo's house along with Gandalf when they croon the mystical ode.
"Far over the misty mountains cold/ To dungeons deep and caverns old/ We must away ere break of day/ To find our long-forgotten gold," so they sing whole-heartedly. "The pines were roaring on the height/ The winds were moaning in the night/ The fire was red, it flaming spread/ The trees like torches biased with light."
While smoking their pipes, the thirteen dwarves rest themselves at Bilbo's home at the end of a long evening in Bag End. In the clip, which comes out via TheOneRing.net, Bilbo himself is seen sitting alone in his room, contemplating as he listens to the solemn hymn.
"The Hobbit" follows the journey of titular hobbit Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield.
The epic movie will grace theaters across the U.S. this coming Friday, December 14. Meanwhile, the song "Misty Mountain" has been made available on iTunes and Amazon for individual download or as part of the complete soundtrack album from the film.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series