Florence and the Machine Break Off an Audience Fight at Their Scotland Concert
Florence and the Machine's Florence Welch is not only a great singer but also an effective peacemaker and caring rock star. The voice behind the English indie rock band had to stop in the middle of her "Shake It Out" number to break off an audience rumble during their Aberdeen concert in Scotland Sunday night, December 9. The fight, which broke out just in front of Welch, distracted her and prompted the singer to drop her mic and give a scolding of a lifetime with the thousands of fans watching.
Everything started out quite peacefully as the band played their tune. However, as Welch sang through the middle of the song, she was suddenly irritated by loud noises and angry remarks coming from a group near the front of the stage. Instead of ignoring the commotion, the "Lover to Lover" hitmaker called out the attention of the quarreling group and told them to basically put a sock in it.
"Excuse me... all of you stop it!" said the 26-year-old British singer, which led fans to cheer louder at the event. "No fighting allowed... It doesn't matter whose fault it is... seriously all of you, STOP IT! I can't sing this song while there is a fight going on in front of me. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, just sort it out and be friends. I feel like a teacher," added Welch, who obviously felt so annoyed by the ruckus.
Welch's short growl at the mic apparently stopped the group from fighting and getting at each other's throat. As the band tried to recompose themselves and continue their set, Welch saw a female fan crying in the audience. Again, instead of continuing with the singing, she jumped off the stage and dived into the crowd to give her a hug. "Are you all right, love?" Welch asked the teary-eyed fan.
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?