Florence and the Machine Break Off an Audience Fight at Their Scotland Concert
Florence and the Machine's Florence Welch is not only a great singer but also an effective peacemaker and caring rock star. The voice behind the English indie rock band had to stop in the middle of her "Shake It Out" number to break off an audience rumble during their Aberdeen concert in Scotland Sunday night, December 9. The fight, which broke out just in front of Welch, distracted her and prompted the singer to drop her mic and give a scolding of a lifetime with the thousands of fans watching.
Everything started out quite peacefully as the band played their tune. However, as Welch sang through the middle of the song, she was suddenly irritated by loud noises and angry remarks coming from a group near the front of the stage. Instead of ignoring the commotion, the "Lover to Lover" hitmaker called out the attention of the quarreling group and told them to basically put a sock in it.
"Excuse me... all of you stop it!" said the 26-year-old British singer, which led fans to cheer louder at the event. "No fighting allowed... It doesn't matter whose fault it is... seriously all of you, STOP IT! I can't sing this song while there is a fight going on in front of me. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong, just sort it out and be friends. I feel like a teacher," added Welch, who obviously felt so annoyed by the ruckus.
Welch's short growl at the mic apparently stopped the group from fighting and getting at each other's throat. As the band tried to recompose themselves and continue their set, Welch saw a female fan crying in the audience. Again, instead of continuing with the singing, she jumped off the stage and dived into the crowd to give her a hug. "Are you all right, love?" Welch asked the teary-eyed fan.
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick