History Channel Hit With Lawsuit by 'Pawn Stars' Cast Members' Ex-Agent
The guys of "Pawn Stars" are the subject of a $5 million lawsuit filed by their former agent in Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, December 11. Venture IAB, which signed Richard B. Harrison, Richard K. Harrison, Richard C. Harrison and Austen Russell in 2007 and helped them land the reality series, claims it lost its commissions of 10 percent interest in their income due to improper termination.
Venture IAB names the reality TV stars' new agent Michael Camacho as well History Channel's executives Mary Donahue and Nancy Dubuc defendants in the lawsuit. The talent agency claims Donahue and Dubuc "intended to disrupt" the agency's agreement with the guys "so that Dubuc's and Donahue's friend and agent, Michael Camacho of UTA, could take over" as their agent.
The suit additionally reads, "As as result of the intentional interference with Agency Agreements, Plaintiff has lost millions of dollars of income." Neither History nor A&E which owns the channel has released a statement on the issue.
It's the second lawsuit mentioning A&E Network filed on Tuesday. Former "Storage Wars" star Dave Hester sued A&E and the show's producers for wrongful termination. He claimed that he was fired after complaining about alleged rigging practices on the reality series.
Aside from the lawsuit filed by their former agency, Rick and Corey Harrison of "Pawn Shop" are slapped with a huge fine for leaving more than 10 trash bags of garbage on Glamis, Calif. campgrounds. In California, leaving trash and littering is considered a misdemeanor crime and they will face a fine of $1,000 per person in their camping party.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding