Frank Ocean Does Soulful Cover of Radiohead's 'Fake Plastic Trees'
R'n'B artist Frank Ocean must have mustered a lot of confidence from his recent six Grammy nods as he did the unexpected performance at a Spotify press conference held in New York's Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet. The soul singer covered Radiohead's classic single "Fake Plastic Trees" and gave it his signature falsetto touch plus a lot of those vocal gymnastics that made the song sound quite fresh and interesting.
Female fans present at the press conference were all giggly and screaming in delight with their smiles up to their ears as they relished every note that came out of Ocean's number. He did a short but sweet cover of the 1995 hit, complete with a sultry way of holding the mic stand and coy glances at the thrilled audience recording his performance via their phone cams. The smooth and emotion-filled rendition seamlessly transitioned to his original "Channel Orange" single "Voodoo", which he also performed that night.
The "Sweet Life" singer recently got six well-deserved Grammy nominations including Best New Artist and Album of the Year for "Channel Orange". He also has a chance to take home the Record of the Year trophy for his single "Thinkin Bout You." The nominations definitely came as a huge surprise to Ocean as he posted, "Wow... .., " on his Tumblr and then added a "WTF" reaction at the end.
More Frank Ocean News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen