'Teen Wolf' Alum Colton Haynes to Be 'Important Player' on 'Arrow'
Two months after revealing his exit from "Teen Wolf", Colton Haynes has landed a new TV gig. He has been cast in a recurring role of Roy Harper on The CW's rookie series "Arrow".
"We were big fans of Colton from Teen Wolf and we are thrilled he's joining Arrow," executive producer Greg Berlanti tells TV Guide. The 24-year-old hunk will make his first appearance on the CW drama series in 2013.
In DC Universe, Harper takes on several alter egos, which are Green Arrow's teenage sidekick Speedy, Teen Titans' member Arsenal, and Justice League's Red Arrow. While it's yet to be known which secret identity Haynes' Harper will assume on the TV show, he is "destined to become a significant part of [Thea's] life and an important player in the larger world of Arrow."
Moreover, the network describes Harper as "a handsome, street-savvy, teenager from 'the Glades,' the harsh, poverty-stricken portion of Starling City." He crosses path with Oliver Queen's little sister Thea "in an unexpected way," and later falls for her.
Haynes is so far best known for his role as Jackson Whittemore on MTV's "Teen Wolf". He announced his departure from the supernatural drama series after two seasons in October as tweeting, "These past few yrs have been the best of my life. I'm sad that this chapter has ended, but excited for a new one to begin. Thx for the love."
More Arrow News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen