'Teen Wolf' Alum Colton Haynes to Be 'Important Player' on 'Arrow'
Two months after revealing his exit from "Teen Wolf", Colton Haynes has landed a new TV gig. He has been cast in a recurring role of Roy Harper on The CW's rookie series "Arrow".
"We were big fans of Colton from Teen Wolf and we are thrilled he's joining Arrow," executive producer Greg Berlanti tells TV Guide. The 24-year-old hunk will make his first appearance on the CW drama series in 2013.
In DC Universe, Harper takes on several alter egos, which are Green Arrow's teenage sidekick Speedy, Teen Titans' member Arsenal, and Justice League's Red Arrow. While it's yet to be known which secret identity Haynes' Harper will assume on the TV show, he is "destined to become a significant part of [Thea's] life and an important player in the larger world of Arrow."
Moreover, the network describes Harper as "a handsome, street-savvy, teenager from 'the Glades,' the harsh, poverty-stricken portion of Starling City." He crosses path with Oliver Queen's little sister Thea "in an unexpected way," and later falls for her.
Haynes is so far best known for his role as Jackson Whittemore on MTV's "Teen Wolf". He announced his departure from the supernatural drama series after two seasons in October as tweeting, "These past few yrs have been the best of my life. I'm sad that this chapter has ended, but excited for a new one to begin. Thx for the love."
More Arrow News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March