Rush and Donna Summer Lead 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
Canadian rock band Rush and Queen of Disco Donna Summer join 6 other inductees to 2013's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. "It's a terrific honor and we'll show up smiling," says Geddy Lee, Rush's singer and bassist. Summer, who passed away from lung cancer in May of this year, will be awarded posthumously, same with American blues guitarist and singer Albert King, who passed away in 1992.
Hip-hop pioneers Public Enemy, American rock duo Heart, and singer-songwriter Randy Newman round up the list of 6 performers who will be inducted next year. Lou Adler, owner of the famous Roxy Theatre in Hollywood, and record producer Quincy Jones, will also be inducted as they both will receive the Ahmet Ertegun Award for non-performers.
For the first time in the history of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the public were allowed to vote via online ballot, and the resulting "fans' ballot" was counted along with 600 other ballots, coming from some 500 members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation along with past inductees.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theater on April 18, 2013. Tickets for the public will go on sale starting January 25. It will be broadcast on HBO May 18th.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Inc. exists to educate fans worldwide about the continuing significance of rock and roll music. It pays homage to artists who have greatly influenced the music industry via their induction to the prestigious Hall of Fame.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video