Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' Throws Starry Premiere in New York City
Critics' darling film "Django Unchained" has gotten its star-studded premiere in New York City on Tuesday evening, December 11. Highlighting the special screening event taking place at the Ziegfeld Theater were the film's leading cast members such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Jamie Foxx as well as director Quentin Tarantino.
DiCaprio looked charming as usual with a sleek gray suit that he paired with a matching tie and well-polished black leather shoes. Foxx, meanwhile, opted to go with a three-piece black suit. As for Tarantino, he picked a casual all-black ensemble. He was accompanied by longtime collaborator Uma Thurman, who looked gorgeous in a long black coat and skinny pants that she paired with pastel-colored scarf.
Joining them on the red carpet were Samuel L. Jackson who donned a gray jacket paired with a matching cap, as well as Christoph Waltz and Don Johnson who looked dapper in their tailored suits. Singer John Legend was also spotted posing with the cast members, looking sleek in his all-black attire.
Among the celebrity guests who went high-fashion that night were Olivia Wilde who flashed her cleavage in a plunging black jumpsuit that she paired with blue pumps, Liv Tyler who donned skintight floral dress, and Zoe Kravitz who rocked a sparkling violet gown. Nichole Galicia glammed up in a floor-length white gown, while Dakota Johnson stunned in a daring red number.
"Django" is set in the South two years before the Civil War. It follows Foxx's titular character, a freed slave who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter King Schultz , becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself. After assisting Schultz in taking down some bad guys for profit, Django tracks down his slave wife and liberates her from an evil plantation owner Calvin Candie.
The film will open Stateside on Chirstmas day, December 25.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered