Skylar Grey Rides With Eminem in New Video 'C'mon Let Me Ride'
Skylar Grey has premiered a new and wacky video for her sarcastic single "C'mon Let Me Ride". In the new clip, the up-and-coming artist got some help from rapper Eminem in poking fun at today's highly-sexualized world culture and went on to carry out her vengeful plans against men's magazine models. Grey's ultimate parody moment came through her role as a plastic surgeon botching up the sexy models in the clip.
At the beginning of the video, which is a homage to Queen's classic hit "Bicylce Ride", Grey aims to grab the attention of a man but fails miserably as the guy's eyes are constantly glued to the sexy and scantily-clad girls in his magazine. While riding her bike along the trailer park location, she chances upon a photo shoot for the men's magazine and suddenly comes up with her evil plan how to get back at the girls.
What happens next is complete mayhem as the rap/pop singer starts offering free tan and plastic surgery services that the models quickly yield to. As Eminem shows his goofy side and raps about riding his bike, Grey cranks up the heat in one of the tanning machines and then sets up a makeshift clinic where she conducts her plastic surgery sessions. The results are weird, exaggerated bodies where one model gets swollen lips and another ends up with three breasts.
Grey told MTV News that the video was clearly a parody about pop culture today. "I'm poking fun at the overtly sexualized aspect of everything in this world today," explained Grey. "The video is a combined effort between director Isaac Rentz, me and Eminem, and we just wanted to make sure it was very clear that it's a sarcastic song."
"There's one scene in the music video where I'm dressed up in this pink polka-dot swimming suit with a pink background, pink nails, a pink bicycle with an ice-cream cone on the back of it and it's totally girly - and not me at all," she explained. "I think that's clear, because that scene happens over the bridge of the song, where I say, 'I'm only f***ing with you, and f*** you for thinking it's true,' and that's when I have the pink polka-dot thing on, so it's saying, 'This isn't really me," added the 26-year-old singer.
Skylar Grey's "C'mon Let Me Ride" Music Video Feat. Eminem
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game
- What Bad Blood? Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift Reunite at Secret Meeting After Months Apart
- DJ Khaled May Be Working on New Music With Alicia Keys, Justin Bieber and Chance the Rapper