Former 'Storage Wars' Star Claims Show Is Rigged in Lawsuit
Former "Storage Wars" star Dave Hester is now at a legal war with A&E and Original Productions. Hester, who was one of the main buyers on the reality series, has filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court against the cable channel and the show's producers for wrongful termination.
In a document obtained by TMZ, Hester claims he was fired in October after complaining to producers that the show's rigged. Giving evidences, he reveals that producers planted a BMW mini car under a pile of trash and a pile of old newspapers announcing the death of Elvis Presley.
The lawsuit says the production company "regularly 'salts' the storage lockers that are the subjects of the auctions portrayed on the series with valuable or unusual items to add dramatic effect, even going so far as to stage entire storage units," and "manipulates the outcome of certain auctions by paying for storage units on behalf of the weaker cast members who lack both the skill and financial wherewithal to place winning bids."
Hester goes on stating that he was "not comfortable participating in this charade." He is seeking $750,000 in damages.
A representative for A&E says, "We do not know about a lawsuit being filed and we do not comment on pending or threatened litigation." On accusation of the rigging practices, the cable channel denies it, insisting that "there is no staging involved" and "the items uncovered in the storage units are the actual items featured on the show."
"Storage Wars" follows professional buyers who purchase items retrieved from unpaid lockers and auctioned off. It premiered in 2010 and becomes one of the hit shows on the channel. It spawns two spin-offs, "Storage Wars: Texas" which debuted in 2011 and "Storage Wars: New York" which will launch in January 2013.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'