Miley Cyrus' Heart 'So Hurt and Broken' After Her Dog Lila Died
Miley Cyrus is mourning the death of one of her dogs, a 2-year-old Yorkie mix named Lila. "My heart has never been so broken..... Lila my sweet baby girl has passed away," the former Disney darling tweeted to more than 10 million followers on Tuesday, December 11.
"Can't think of one good reason to get out of bed today," she wrote earlier that day. "For everyone asking... I have never been so hurt in my life." She added, "Broken. Gonna go MIA for a bit. Need some healing time. Thank you to everyone who has sent love my way. I need it."
The cause of Lila's death is unclear. Last October, the dog was sent to hospital for unknown illness. "Please pray for my baby girl Lila... She is in the hospital. I am so heart broken. Please send out vibes for her to not be afraid & to heal," so Miley posted back then.
Miley, who encourages her fans to adopt stray animals from shelters instead of buying them, brought home Lila in 2011. The animal lover celebrated the pup's birthday in November. She and fiance Liam Hemsworth had four other rescued pets, Ziggy, Floyd, Mary Jane and Happy.
In addition to being a huge dog lover, Miley has a soft spot for pig. Coinciding with her 20th birthday, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) named a rescued pig Nora in her honor. The pig now lives at the Kindred Spirits Sanctuary in Ocala, Florida.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign