Charlie Sheen Writes $75K Check for Girl With Cancer
Beside to Lindsay Lohan, Charlie Sheen's money is also going to a better cause. The former "Two and a Half Men" actor has donated $75,000 to a 10-year-old girl in a fight against cancer.
Story began when Sheen met a policeman in Hermosa Beach in California and had a conversation with him about his daughter Jasmine. The girl suffers from Childhood Rhabdomyosarcoma, which is a type of cancer that often attacks soft tissue in a child's face. "No parent should have to watch their kid go through that," Sheen reportedly said about the officer.
The next day, Sheen sent a check to Hermosa Beach Police Association which has started to gather fund for Jasmine. Sheen's stunt double Eddie Braun reportedly also contributed to the cause by donating $25,000. Jasmine's family have been grateful for the money and hope that they inspire others to fight against the disease.
Confirming the donation, a representative of Sheen told ABCNews.com that the $75K donation is "one of many charitable donations that Charlie frequently makes."
Sheen recently gave "Scary Movie 5" co-star Lohan a check of $100,000 to help with her tax problem. However, he has not received any response from the actress, telling "ET", "I'm still waiting for a text to say 'thank you'. Anything, you know?"
More Charlie Sheen News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters