Maroon 5 Premiere New Video 'Daylight'
Maroon 5 have premiered their latest music video "Daylight" from their most recent studio album "Overexposed". The clip contains various footage that actually came from fans around the globe. The band asked their loyal followers to send their own home videos to complete what they called "The Daylight Project".
Frontman Adam Levine , who says that the new track is one of his favorites in the album, is delighted to see the final result of the video project. The fan clips were unique and ranged from wedding footage, on-cam shoutouts to families, friends, and even one girl exclaiming how she loved her dog.
Though the concept was fun in nature, some of the footage were also very heart-breaking as it presented sentiments of people who have lost families and individuals who talked about their regrets and worries in life. The band's song played over and faded down as the different clips showed more people who were willing to talk about their own personal struggles and experiences and the difficulties that we all go through and try to triumph over.
Viewers of "The Voice" are already familiar with the single as the band had played it live this week on the show. It's quite a simple song but the lyrics and the melody will surely make it a song that grows on people over time.
Although a bit of a slow and laid-back song, "Daylight" definitely has the recall and the catchy nine-minute video to help make it into a smash hit. Maroon 5's recent releases include "Payphone" and "One More Night".
Maroon 5's "Daylight" Music Video
More Maroon 5 News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary