'Dallas' Sets J.R. Ewing's Funeral in the Wake of Larry Hagman's Death
"Dallas" will have an on-screen farewell with Larry Hagman and his alter ego in the wake of the actor's passing. TVLine reports that the show will feature J.R. Ewing's funeral in the eighth episode of season 2 that is slated to air March 11, 2013 on TNT.
The said farewell episode will reportedly bring back a number of familiar faces from the original 1980s series. Some of the returning actors set to appear in season 2 are Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark, but it's unclear if they will appear in the J.R. funeral episode.
Before losing his battle against cancer on November 23, 81-year-old Hagman had filmed several episodes of the drama series. His death didn't not significantly impact the production of the show, but producers quickly planned a proper send-off for the veteran actor.
"Dallas" will kick off its second season January 28 at 9 P.M. ET on TNT.
More Dallas News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her