'Dallas' Sets J.R. Ewing's Funeral in the Wake of Larry Hagman's Death
"Dallas" will have an on-screen farewell with Larry Hagman and his alter ego in the wake of the actor's passing. TVLine reports that the show will feature J.R. Ewing's funeral in the eighth episode of season 2 that is slated to air March 11, 2013 on TNT.
The said farewell episode will reportedly bring back a number of familiar faces from the original 1980s series. Some of the returning actors set to appear in season 2 are Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark, but it's unclear if they will appear in the J.R. funeral episode.
Before losing his battle against cancer on November 23, 81-year-old Hagman had filmed several episodes of the drama series. His death didn't not significantly impact the production of the show, but producers quickly planned a proper send-off for the veteran actor.
"Dallas" will kick off its second season January 28 at 9 P.M. ET on TNT.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris