'Dallas' Sets J.R. Ewing's Funeral in the Wake of Larry Hagman's Death
"Dallas" will have an on-screen farewell with Larry Hagman and his alter ego in the wake of the actor's passing. TVLine reports that the show will feature J.R. Ewing's funeral in the eighth episode of season 2 that is slated to air March 11, 2013 on TNT.
The said farewell episode will reportedly bring back a number of familiar faces from the original 1980s series. Some of the returning actors set to appear in season 2 are Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark, but it's unclear if they will appear in the J.R. funeral episode.
Before losing his battle against cancer on November 23, 81-year-old Hagman had filmed several episodes of the drama series. His death didn't not significantly impact the production of the show, but producers quickly planned a proper send-off for the veteran actor.
"Dallas" will kick off its second season January 28 at 9 P.M. ET on TNT.
More Dallas News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'