'Dallas' Sets J.R. Ewing's Funeral in the Wake of Larry Hagman's Death
"Dallas" will have an on-screen farewell with Larry Hagman and his alter ego in the wake of the actor's passing. TVLine reports that the show will feature J.R. Ewing's funeral in the eighth episode of season 2 that is slated to air March 11, 2013 on TNT.
The said farewell episode will reportedly bring back a number of familiar faces from the original 1980s series. Some of the returning actors set to appear in season 2 are Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark, but it's unclear if they will appear in the J.R. funeral episode.
Before losing his battle against cancer on November 23, 81-year-old Hagman had filmed several episodes of the drama series. His death didn't not significantly impact the production of the show, but producers quickly planned a proper send-off for the veteran actor.
"Dallas" will kick off its second season January 28 at 9 P.M. ET on TNT.
More Dallas News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris