'Dallas' Sets J.R. Ewing's Funeral in the Wake of Larry Hagman's Death
"Dallas" will have an on-screen farewell with Larry Hagman and his alter ego in the wake of the actor's passing. TVLine reports that the show will feature J.R. Ewing's funeral in the eighth episode of season 2 that is slated to air March 11, 2013 on TNT.
The said farewell episode will reportedly bring back a number of familiar faces from the original 1980s series. Some of the returning actors set to appear in season 2 are Ted Shackelford and Joan Van Ark, but it's unclear if they will appear in the J.R. funeral episode.
Before losing his battle against cancer on November 23, 81-year-old Hagman had filmed several episodes of the drama series. His death didn't not significantly impact the production of the show, but producers quickly planned a proper send-off for the veteran actor.
"Dallas" will kick off its second season January 28 at 9 P.M. ET on TNT.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season