Ariel Winter's Mother Sues Actor for Defamation Over 'Abusive Monster' Comment
Chrisoula Workman is fuming at an online commentator who branded her an "abusive monster" on Los Angeles Times under an article about ongoing custody drama of Ariel Winter. She launches a defamation lawsuit against the person identified as Matthew Borlenghi who teaches at a studio run by her older daughter Shanelle Gray.
"This is a total falsehood," the comment attributed to Matthew reads. "The mother is grasping and clawing to find a way not to lose her money-maker, and hide the fact that she is an abusive monster. Having spent time with her, and seeing the way she acted adoringly towards the boy, these accusations are disgusting, just as she is."
Matthew, an actor and CEO of Black Hat Productions, says he hasn't seen the lawsuit and refuses to say whether it's indeed him who posted the comment who is still online as of press time. Regardless, he makes it clear where his alliance lies in the Chris and Shanelle custody battle of Ariel.
"All I can say is that David (Gray) and Shanelle Gray are very close friends of mine and comments that Chris has made are absolutely fabricated," he told The Associated Press. "The negative comments she's made about her own daughter in order to try to get custody back of Ariel are truly disgusting."
The custody drama will be back in court on Wednesday, December 12. In a previous hearing, social workers at Children Services found evidence of emotional abuse towards Ariel. The "Modern Family" actress continues to live with Shanelle after judge extended her temporary guardianship.
Chris vehemently denies report that she abused Ariel. In her defense, she claimed her 14-year-old daughter rebelled after she was banned from seeing her 18-year-old boyfriend. She also accused Shanelle of using Ariel as a stepping stone for her own career as an actress.
Decision on whether Ariel should live permanently with Shanelle, who was allegedly removed in her youth from the care of Chris due to a similar abuse accusation, has yet to be made pending the upcoming trial.
More Ariel Winter News
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards