Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood Win Big at 2012 American Country Awards
It was a huge night for country stars Luke Bryan and Carrie Underwood as they bagged top honors at the 2012 American Country Awards. Other big winners of the night were Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert.
Bryan was obviously excited and in disbelief at the same time during his acceptance speech for Artist of the Year where he thanked fans and his family. "I want to thank my wife. I love you baby. This is crazy. Wow!" exclaimed the country singer who also won Album of the Year for "Tailgates & Tanlines". Bryan took home a total of nine honors including Single of the Year, Music Video of the Year and Most Played Radio Track for "I Don't Want This Night to End".
Meanwhile, Underwood was overwhelmed when she received the trophy for Female Artist of the Year. She went up against other female country favorites namely Taylor Swift, Miranda Lambert, Sara Evans, and Martina McBride. "I know that I'm one of the most luckiest people, just blessed people," said the "Two Black Cadillacs" singer.
Other artists who also took home top honors during the two-hour event hosted by Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth were Miranda Lambert for Female Single of the Year for "Over You", and Lady Antebellum for Group Single of the Year for "We Owned the Night". The trio also won Group of the Year while newcomer Lauren Alaina got the Favorite New Artist Honor. This year's Breaktrhough Artist trophy went to Jake Owen while chart topper Jason Aldean went home with the Touring Artist of the Year award.
The December 10 event, which took place at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, also presented performances from Country music's most prominent names such as Scotty McCreery, LeAnn Rimes, and Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac.
2012 American Country Awards:
- Artist of the Year: Luke Bryan
- Artist of the Year - Male: Luke Bryan
- Artist of the Year - Female: Carrie Underwood
- Artist of the Year - Group: Lady Antebellum
- Artist of the Year - Breakthrough Artist: Jake Owen
- Artist of the Year - New Artist: Lauren Alaina
- Album of the Year: Luke Bryan, "Tailgates & Tanlines"
- Single of the Year: Luke Bryan, "I Don't Want This Night to End"
- Single of the Year - Male: Luke Bryan, "I Don't Want This Night to End"
- Single of the Year - Female: Miranda Lambert, "Over You"
- Single of the Year - Group: Lady Antebellum, "We Owned the Night"
- Single of the Year - Vocal Collaboration: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, "Remind Me"
More Luke Bryan News
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'