Blink-182 Unveil Folky Holiday Track 'Boxing Day'
Punk rock trio Blink-182 have unveiled their new single "Boxing Day" just in time for Christmas. The folky, guitar strum-driven song is taken from the group's upcoming "Dogs Eating Dogs" EP set to hit the store on December 18. It presents Blink's new sound experimentation and goes into the acoustic and emo-realm of music.
In November, drummer Travis Barker spoke to Rolling Stone about the new EP's different musical direction. He said that they had written five songs that were "really, really cool" and he referred to one of the songs as being "very folky." Turns out that folky song is a holiday heart-breaker as "Boxing Day" shares lyrics such as "I'm empty like the day after Christmas/ Swept beneath the wave of your goodbye/ You left me on the day after Christmas/ There's nothing left to say and so goodnight."
Meanwhile, guitarist and vocalist Tom DeLonge had some insightful words to say about the new EP. He told Billboard that the new effort "sounds like a very progressive punk-rock band. It's prog-rock and punk all coming together and it's very modern and relevant."
He added, "We're connected and laughing and making jokes and making fun of each other, and really having strong debates whether or not we should have a whole chorus about penises. I mean that's what Blink was always good at: Taking a great song and making it into a dick joke... But we never did that on 'Neighborhoods'. There was no laughing on Neighborhoods. There were no dick jokes."
"Dogs Eating Dogs" will be sold in three different packages. The Santa's Lap package includes a t-shirt, limited edition poster, wrapping paper and a Christmas card, while the Nice package has a hoodie, wrapping paper and card. The third Naughty package has a t-shirt and holiday card.
More Blink-182 News
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details
- JoJo's New Single 'F**k Apologies' Feat. Wiz Khalifa Surfaces Online
- Blac Chyna Shows Off Engagement Ring Amid Rob Kardashian Breakup Rumors
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says