'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 4 Perform, Carson Daly Remembers Jenni Rivera
"The Voice" is one step closer to crown the winner of its third season as it entered the semifinals on Monday, December 10. Host Carson Daly announced that one of the four finalists would be sent home this week, while the remaining three contestants would move on to the finals.
Carson also took time to address the death of Latin singer Jenni Rivera, who was one of the coaches on the Mexican version of the reality series. "On a sad not tonight, our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Jenni Rivera. She was a coach on The Voice Mexico, a personal friend and a talented artist and will be greatly missed by many," he said.
Michael Buble made a musical performance of a holiday song before the Top 4 took the stage. Trevin Hunte of team Cee-Lo Green kicked off the battle, pouring his heart out in a cover of "Wind Beneath My Wings". "You took it to a whole 'nother level," Christina Aguilera commented.
Nicholas David of team Cee-Lo sang "You Are So Beautiful" which was dedicated to his family. Adam Levine loved his "crazy emotional" performance, gushing, "You're one of the most soulful people I've ever met."
Cassadee Pope of team Blake Shelton went with "Stupid Boy" which was picked by her coach. "You almost sound auto-tuned because it's so perfect," Christina said, while Blake praised her protege, "She has the ability to connect with a lyric like nobody else I've ever seen on the show."
Terry McDermott wrapped up the performance night with his rendition of The Beatles' "Let It Be". Adam enthused, "Thank God for you, Terry. You did an incredible job." Blake chimed in, "In my absolute heart, I believe that was musical perfection."
The voting results on their performances will be announced Tuesday, December 11.
More The Voice News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding