Will and Jaden Smith Stranded in 'After Earth' First Trailer
What would the Earth become a thousand years from now? The answer is teased in the first trailer for M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth". It showcases mesmerizing visuals of the planet which has been abandoned for a long time and evolved into a dangerous place to live in. Will Smith and his real-life son Jaden Smith are stranded in the planet, left alone with tons of wild animals in an untamed wilderness.
Throughout the trailer, Will is heard giving a lot of wise words to his son in order to encourage the young boy to live in the planet. He is heard saying, "Fear is not real. It is a product of thought you created." Meanwhile, scenes of Jaden braving the wild to embark on a war against deathly creatures are flashing in between scenes of his conversation with his father.
Previously titled "1000 A.E.", "After Earth" is set 1.000 years into the future. It revolves around a young boy who navigates an abandoned and sometimes scary Earth to save himself and his estranged father after their ship crashes. The adventure movie is slated for a June 7, 2013 release in theaters across the U.S.
Director M. Night Shyamalan once stated that he would film "After Earth" in a high-resolution digital format, but claimed that the movie would not be shot in 3D. He reasoned, "3D creates an expectation in the audience. The style of this film is quiet and eerie. The scale should creep up on you."
Also starring in the sci-fier are Zoe Kravitz, Sophie Okonedo, Isabelle Fuhrman, David Denman, Lincoln Lewis, Gilbert Soto, Sacha Dhawan and Chris Geere.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris